Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ryan and Rachel’s Salt Lake City Temple Wedding

 RyanRachelWed109

At the very end of April, it was my extreme pleasure to photograph Ryan and Rachel’s wedding. Ryan was my friend from back in the good ol’ EFY days of my life, and I was more than thrilled when he told me he was engaged! And especially to awesome Rachel whom I was so very excited to meet! The wedding day was so beautiful, yet very simple and focused on the two of them and their love for one another. It was very tender and sweet. I was very grateful to photograph these two lovebirds. I’ll let the photographs speak for themselves now :)

Different life experiences tend to lead us to people we never expected to meet. This is what happened for Rachel and Ryan. They were each going to school and earning some extra money working custodial on campus. That’s where they later realized it would change their lives.

RyanRachelWed119  

Rachel said, “I remember the first I saw him when he walked through the door in our little meeting room - I immediately felt a warm, comforting feeling by his presence as he sat next to me on the couch. When I first started working with him, I fell in love with his kindness, his interest in getting to know who I was, and the way I felt so comfortable with him, just being with him and talking to him was so natural and relaxing. I came to love everything about him as we developed, I'd notice little things that would make me fall in love with him even more every day, like when he wore his glasses (they made him look very distinguished), the color of his hair and eyes, his smile that would melt my heart, his goofiness and sense of humor - everything about him was so attractive in every way.”RyanRachelWed139Ryan said about those first few weeks, “Yes, you could say there was a lot of chemistry going on the first few weeks on the job. I would do whatever possible to get placed on joint assignments with Rachel. I even mentioned to our supervisor that we particularly liked being paired up.”

RyanRachelWed236

RyanRachelWed225

What was the first thing that caught your eye about each other in those first few weeks of dating?

Ryan Said: Rachel first caught my eye with her ability to be graceful and beautiful in any situation. Yes - she even looks like a cherub when taking out the trash, and she makes mopping floors look like a work of art.”

RyanRachelWed258

Rachel said, “The more I got to know him, the more in love I became. Never had I met a man as sensitive, patient, intelligent, and kind as Ryan. I was absolutely, positively, intensely, in love. I can't say it enough.”

RyanRachelWed323  RyanRachelWed240 RyanRachelWed265 What were some of your feelings leading up to your wedding day? Ryan said, Excitement. What more can I say? People would ask me if I felt nervous, but this always confused me. What is there to be nervous about when you're marrying an angel.”

RyanRachelWed292 Rachel said, “We were engaged for 8 months - I was anxious, anxious, anxious! (My word, is it here yet?!) Time flew by so fast once it hit April 1st, however. Even though I was busy and a little overwhelmed preparing for the wedding, I made sure to stop and think about the great opportunity I had to be sealed to my love in the temple for time and eternity - and I was so very happy.”

RyanRachelWed312vint RyanRachelWed336bw RyanRachelWed373 

What is your favorite thing about Ryan? Rachel said, “There are so many superb qualities Ryan possesses, but I think what I love the most about Ryan is he is so comfortable and confident with who he is - he is genuine, real - he is my example, my reminder of who I want to become.”

What is your favorite thing about Rachel? Ryan said, “My favorite thing about Rachel is her ability to forgive and to love. If someone tells you that they've never disagreed with their spouse, then they are probably married to a pebble. Rachel also has a great capacity to love, which she exercises on a daily basis in serving others.”

RyanRachelWed377vint

 RyanRachelWed387bw

RyanRachelWed398

How did you feel once you were married? Ryan said, “Like a burden had been lifted, really. Anyone that has been engaged for over half a year wishes he had chosen a three month engagement instead.”

Rachel said, “I love it! It's incredible being able to be with your best friend all the time and share everything together. Everyday I just live to make Ryan happy - it's what makes me most happy.”

Ryan and Rachel – I wish you all the happiness in your marriage! Thank you for letting me be a part of your day and capture your love for one another!

RyanRachelWed429

5 comments:

Stan said...

Love the gorgeous trees. I was trying to remember where I knew the groom from. You knew Ryan back at EFY right? They certainly look in love.

Cristie Jensen said...

I love how you always seem to get such romantic moments from your weddings.

Brittany said...

I love, love, LOVE this post! The pics are so beautiful that I can hardly stand it! You are amazing at catching the perfect moments. . .

Brittney said...

As I was looking through these pictures my 3 year old Katie Marie said, "Oh she's SOOO pretty!"

Jessica Rae said...

these are perfection. period.