Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Adam + Stephanie = Married!!!

I was so thrilled to photograph this wedding . . . last minute they had decided to move their wedding date up, and their photographer was not going to be in town on that date. It so happened that I sort of knew Stephanie. She was a former roommate of my assistant/stylist/best-friend, Brittany, and then she was also the older sister of Jenny's friends. A fun circle we realized later.
The day was beautiful (and hot), and I really felt the love and joy that everyone felt for these two.
A special thanks to John my second shooter and my stylist, Brittany, who did Stephanie's hair and make-up. She always does a fantastic job!

Well here we go for more pictures:






















I loved how happy and content these two were to be married and together!



One of my favs. Just a tad different . . .

And then John's capture:



Oohh lala!







It was an awesome experience to be on Temple Square. Stephanie was a former sister missionary who served here on Temple Square for 18 months. I bet it was neat for her to be here and married. I caught this moment after I finished scouting out the next location I wanted to get, and found Stephanie talking and making friends with the sister missionaries.






Ok, so next we were just doing some twirling around pictures. And sometimes the couples can go a tiny bit too fast where they lose their balance. Poor Adam did . . . and I have John to thank for the next shot:

Here is John's after picture

And here's mine:

John and I had a new experience with camera cards. I won't go into detail because John already did on his blog. You can read it here, but we almost lost Johnny's pictures due to some weird 16GB card issue that even the camera people at the store were not aware of. I believe it was a miracle that John was able to retrieve them when no one else could. I share this mostly for other photographers sake, since we think it's a fairly new problem that sometimes happens (not all the time, but sometimes, and they're not sure why). I was just grateful that I didn't trust new cards that I'd never yet used before on a wedding, and so my pictures were just fine, but I really wanted Johnny's pictures. He is still in the practicing stage, but every time he does a session with me, there's some picture (or pictures) that just take my breath away, and I just knew there'd be some from this wedding.
And I was right . . . check some of these out. I've decided that I need my Johnny to capture these pictures by my side. They are just so moving and filled with emotion. The next three of some of my favs by Johnny. Also check out Johnny's blog (link on the top right) for another beautiful moment from this wedding.





Alright well we'll end with a couple more of my favorites:




Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Let you know what I think huh? Well, as always GORGEOUS!!! You and Johnny both did a fabulous job. I love all the cool angles.

andreaKphotography said...

Beautiful pictures!! What a fun couple. I have to admit that I am so jealous that your hubby shoots with you. I wish I could talk mine into it.

Aubrey Hope Photography said...

These are beautiful, Angela! Every session you have is more stunning than the one before!