Friday, February 19, 2010

First Look in the Winter Wonderland – Melanie and Aaron

wmMelanieAaronBridals011

You know what I love about Groomal sessions? I love being able to see and capture those first moments of the couple together in the formal attire. But not until this moment was I able to actually truly capture the literal first look at the bride all dressed up. When Melanie first contacted me, she was pretty sure it was going to be just a bridal session. Since her wedding was in January and we knew it would be freezing, and conditions are always a little more sketchy then, we discussed the pros and cons to doing a “groomal” session. Yes, he would see the dress before the wedding this way, but at least I could fully and completely capture that moment, which I couldn’t do with a temple wedding since that moment occurs inside of the temple. This way we could capture the moment in conditions we set, and then get some beautifully artistic pictures of the two of them together during the session.

And did the first look disappoint? Oh no sir-eee!! It was quite emotional, so exquisitely happy, and I could not have been more happy with the way it turned out! Just take a look for yourselves:

Aaron waiting oh so patiently. And he even drove his own car up separately, waited for me to arrive on the opposite lobby than Melanie. What a patient guy!

wmMelanieAaronBridals014 And now he sees her. . .

wmMelanieAaronBridals016 And she was seriously beaming with joy!

wmMelanieAaronBridals017

wmMelanieAaronBridals036wmMelanieAaronBridals021

and couldn’t contain the emotion.wmMelanieAaronBridals022 wmMelanieAaronBridals023

wmMelanieAaronBridals025

wmMelanieAaronBridals027

wmMelanieAaronBridals031

wmMelanieAaronBridals032

wmMelanieAaronBridals047 After wiping the tears, she said, “Wow and we’re not even married yet!” and Aaron said, “Nope.” But I said, “Let’s go have some picture fun though!”

or something to that effect :)

wmMelanieAaronBridals046

Melanie and Aaron were so fun to hang out with that day. It was freezing and cold, but they both were troopers, were so enthusiastic, and very much in love :) I loved the soft snow falling.

wmMelanieAaronBridals067

wmMelanieAaronBridals063

wmMelanieAaronBridals093

wmMelanieAaronBridals059

They both have contagious laughs and smiles! That talent will go far in building their marriage!

wmMelanieAaronBridals147bw

wmMelanieAaronBridals109OS

I believe this is my most “requested” picture. It’s sometimes the biggest reason we end up coming to this location. And every time it still turns out breathtaking. Each bride and her stunning dress add something new to this picture:

wmMelanieAaronBridals099vint

wmMelanieAaronBridals127CTEX

wmMelanieAaronBridals157 New favorite. Well ok, I have many from this session that are new favs :)

wmMelanieAaronBridals163

wmMelanieAaronBridals190 Seriously stunning details in her dress. Melanie’s whole ensemble was perfect. I’m a vintage girl myself, and was thrilled to be photographing her! wmMelanieAaronBridals191

wmMelanieAaronBridals174CTEX

wmMelanieAaronBridals187 We braved the cold again, and guess what?! It was dumping!!! Literally! I had to photoshop quite a bit of snowflakes off of their face so you can see them. It was crazy! But they of course were adventurous and daring!

wmMelanieAaronBridals193 Love the personality in this next one. And yes. They gave me permission to publically post it. Come on, when you’re that good looking, it’s ok to look silly in a couple of pictures, right? Haha! Thanks for making my day with this pict!

wmMelanieAaronBridals249

wmMelanieAaronBridals253

wmMelanieAaronBridals275

This is what the bouquet looked like after the blizzard. I loved the look of it.wmMelanieAaronBridals283CTEX

wmMelanieAaronBridals264CTEX

I wanted to share two of the funny blooper (not edited) pictures so you can see all of the fun we had. Yes this dog was just passing by when he saw two new friends just sitting around waiting to play with him :)

MelanieAaronBridals262MelanieAaronBridals265 They were serious troopers!!! And oh so stunning!

wmMelanieAaronBridals243

Well was that enough picture love for one day? Yep I posted there 39 pictures in one post!! You should be proud! So leave some comment love back for me!

Oh and I forgot that I need to thank my amazing friend who's a photographer too, Michaelene Duree, for coming to help me with this session to take pictures of the first look with me (and whom I believe took the very first picture in this post!). I forgot how fun it is to shoot with someone else who's not my husband once in a while ;) It was a blast and I totally appreciated her especially as she was a trooper to hold that umbrella for me in that ridiculous snow at the end. Thanks Michaelene!

I know the season of snow is sort of gone (it is lightly snowing today), but these pictures still should be remembered. I have two more amazing groomal sessions to share with you all from last year.

Hope you all have a fabulous, and a little warmer than this, day!

5 comments:

andreaKphotography said...

Beautiful!! Love the ones in the snow.

Melissa Sue said...

Great shots! LOVE the first look photos!

Stan said...

I love the first look photos. Your right that normally happens in the lobby of the temple (how romantic). I thought this was perfect. For us it happened in the endowment room 25 years ago. They do things different now. I love the vintage look. All of them were amazing.

Brittney said...

Well, we all know how crazy Michaelene is about snow:) I love the dancing in the snow pictures!!! Love it

Dustin Izatt said...

Awesome shots Angela. I even got teary eyed seeing their first look. You rock.

D