Friday, October 8, 2010

Romance in the Newsroom :) Brian and Beth

BethBrianE099Love seems to find us in the most unique places in our lives. That’s just to be expected with how unpredictable our lives can be sometimes. But when Beth became a news anchor, she never knew love would find her there. She wasn’t even looking for a new relationship at the time, but that didn’t stop Brian, who just so happened to work under her. He was determined to find a way to win over his boss and convince her to give him a chance. However, Beth found his advances slightly on the creepy/annoying side, and wasn’t willing to look past that yet to see how truly sincere Brian was about being interested in her.

By some fortunate luck on Brian’s part, he discovered her love for citrus fruits, and with a very purposeful determination, he presented his gift of bribery to Beth in the form of an orange. And as random of an action as presenting an orange to her at work, Beth surprisingly awakened to the fact that Brian just might be worth the chance. And through months of dating, very soon realized that they were perfect for each other. From that unique story, they developed their relationship’s motto: Love is an Orange.  Fearing that their two strong personalities would clash, they both actually realized that they complimented one another in a way that helped them to be better people and are able to accomplish much more together than apart.

I had met Beth quite a while before, and she had informed me that when she got married, she wanted to use me as her photographer. After I read their story on her own blog, ideas for their engagements started popping up. Not knowing if it were too cheesy or way too over the top, I suggested the idea any ways: a session actually in the newsroom where they first met.  And trusting me that it would work out, they amazingly followed my lead and made the arrangements to work out a session in the newsroom!

Am I happy with the results? ooooohhh yes! Was it something completely and utterly different for me. . . yes again. Nothing makes me more happy than trying something new and stretching myself as well as making completely unique pictures for my couple that aren’t like everyone else, and that adequately help them remember their courtship. Thanks Beth and Brian for trusting me and for being so much fun for this session!

This couple is now happily married, but I just couldn’t pass up sharing their awesomely unique engagement pictures!

BethBrianE004 BethBrianE013bwBethBrianE009 BethBrianE046vint 

 BethBrianE070 BethBrianE076 BethBrianE089BethBrianE098

BethBrianE101 BethBrianE105  BethBrianE127 As part of their proposal story, Brian had this ring hidden in a chocolate orange box for Beth to open up and discover. I loved how Brian incorporated their courtship as part of the way he proposed. Very romantic and cute for them :)

BethBrianE186 BethBrianE192 BethBrianE250-2

Another new thing for me was doing a night-shoot. It was  way trickier than I thought it’d be, but was lots of fun to use my light as well as discover natural light around the city at night. Just gotta say I love my Canon 5D Mark ii. It is incredible in low light!

BethBrianE262anti BethBrianE272 BethBrianE253

Thanks SOOO much Beth and Brian for being adventurous, for all the fun laughs that night, for sharing your story with me, for letting me document it in a way that’s completely yours, and for letting me capture a small piece of your love for one another for you to remember for years to come!

I still have much more of this couple coming up (bridals and wedding). Thanks for stopping by today! Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Henderson Family said...

So cool an unique!!!

Melissa Jean said...

I remember this motto - Love is an orange - from a while ago on your blog and now it makes so much more sense!! I also LOVE the first shot in this post. Amazing!! So unique!