Friday, March 17, 2006

Jessica R. and Corey H.'s Love Story

Boy met girl:

We met through school/church a little over a year ago. I hung out with some of the people in his group but decided they didn't like me and thought that maybe they were a little immature. He claims he thought I was emo and painted my nails black, which I don't think I have...ever.


Proof that first impressions aren't everything:

Despite the fact that I thought he was immature and he thought I had a bad sense of fashion a year later we started getting to know each other better. It's all because I was trying to get a bunch of Colorado people together in September and found his number (Note: I did not stalk him!)I sent out a text to all the CO people I knew and he happened to respond. But the party never happened and he didn't even know it was me until...

A day or two later it came up in conversation and he figured out it was me. Cat is out of the bag now and ball is in Cor's court.


Disclaimer:

At this point in my life I had decided to let things just happen and not be the girl who starts things. I decided to say yes to dates if and when I was asked but I did not plan or provoke such things.

Over the course of a couple of days Cor and I happened to go to the same social events. A BBQ here and crepe party there and a night of watching 17 Again.


The first Date:


I loved it! Very casual and nothing to worry about, Cor suddenly gets a craving for ice cream and before I know it he's on his way to pick me up and take me to DQ at 11:00 at night. I did not know DQ was open so late and this was exciting news to me. Is it ok to admit that I was really impressed with his truck? I had to pick my jaw up off the ground before climbing inside. What can I say I'm a sucker for trucks.


Disclaimer:


Even though I said I was not going to put out an indication I might be a little more interested, I still did with Corey. I wasn't even sure I was a little more interested.

After that we spent every day together until Thanksgiving break. He was impressed that I liked to watch sports and I was impressed with finding another side to the fun (not immature) Corey.


And now:

We're engaged!

He surprised me with a "Christmas" dinner when I got back to Co on the 31st. We exchanged gifts and ate by candle light. It was the most romantic thing Corey has done for me and yes I was teary eyed.

And then he asked if I was ready for dessert...

The room was dark except for the candles so I didn't see the ring and barely saw what was written before I realized he was on his knee asking me to marry him.

No comments: