Friday, March 17, 2006

Sara Ha. and JT W.'s Love Story

How did we meet? I met JT in passing my first semester of college. He’s my best friend’s cousin and so I saw him occasionally during my first year or so. It was not until general conference of October 2009 that everything changed! JT had three general conference tickets and so he asked his cousin if she would like to come and bring a friend…and I was the lucky friend! What a great way to get to know a guy’s character than going with him to listen to a prophet of the Lord. We had such a wonderful time together (along with being spiritually edified)! A few weeks later he was at my apartment (to see his cousin of course) and he very suavely asked me on a date for that Friday…to a Utah Jazz game. The date ended up being over 8 hours long: we got caught in some crazy traffic in Salt Lake and later watched a scary movie (JT told me later that he just wanted an excuse to put his arm around me). I enjoyed every second of it! And the rest is history! :)


There are a lot of sweet moments with JT. He is just so good to me. One thing that really gets me is watching my nieces interact with him. It is precious. There is nothing like watching a darling man with kids! It just makes your heart melt! Especially since my nieces are always super excited to see their “Uncle J” and want him to sleep over. Cute cute cute.

Oh goodness, JT and I are just silly sometimes. Haha, but here’s a funny story that we’re still teased about. I was sitting a kitchen table talking to some people when JT came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. So naturally I reached up and grabbed it and then decided I wanted the other hand too. So I reached up and grabbed that one too. It took me a few seconds to realize that the second hand I was holding on to was not the same as the other one…on the contrary, it was significantly smaller. I had accidently grabbed my sister’s hand. Oops! JT and I still laugh about that!

JT was the first boy to ever make me cry….

I never cry. I don’t cry in movies, girls camp, boys, school…you name it. Somehow I had found a way to suppress tears in every situation. In high school, I even had some friends who called me a “rock” because they had never seen me shed a tear! The night JT proposed to me was elated…above and beyond cloud nine! We both were beaming and laughing and just SO happy and filled with love! Then the strangest thing happened…my eyes started to water….and then tears started to form…and before I knew it, I was crying! I was crying and laughing and crying and laughing some more. I was just so happy that I couldn’t help myself! Oh, and the way JT was smiling at me just made me cry even more! I couldn’t believe that I was so lucky to have JT be with me forever!

So he is officially the first boy to make me cry….and oh, how I love him!

No comments: