Friday, March 17, 2006

Sarah Hu. and Adam A.'s Love Story

Adam and I met in choir at BYU and lived in the same apartment complex. We dated for two months, broke up for six-and-a-half months, and finally started dating again. We quickly realized that we wanted to be together forever.


One Saturday (so two weeks after our first date the second time around), Adam and I had a choir concert in SLC. On the way back to my home, we marveled at how our time apart had helped us.


On this drive, Adam bravely brought up a risky topic: “So, if this were to go long-term,…….have you thought about timing at all?” I told him, “Yes….” (You see—Adam has an internship in Austin from May to August, and we both knew that we were in it for the long run…so if we wanted to get married soon, it would have to be in May, before going to Austin, or in August, after being apart all summer, after Adam’s internship, and right before school started. That was no bueno.)


Through the course of our conversation, Adam and I realized that we wanted to get married—and in May. From that point we were “unofficially engaged” and decided to tell only our parents.


Three days later, Adam asked my dad for his permission. Wednesday, we went ring shopping. Friday, we had a splendid date. Adam said to me, “I have something to show you, but it has to be in the morning…like early. Can I pick you up around 6:40?” I, mostly unaware of what was going on, told him yes.


All bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, Adam picked me up in the morning, and we drove to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. We walked over to the east side and had a lovely talk about all sorts of things, particularly about covenants, while watching a beautiful sunrise come over the mountain. After the sun rose, Adam had me sit down on a bench. He knelt down, said some wonderfully romantic things, and asked me to marry him. :)


I am thrilled beyond belief! I still can hardly believe how perfectly everything has turned out. Adam is the man of my dreams, and I’m so excited that he and I get to spend eternity together.

3 comments:

Kasandra said...

Congrats! Sarah I hope you win the photo session, your story is lovely!
Kasandra

marci said...

Sarah, you're adorable! I'm kinda sad that I had to read the story on someone's blog... but I'm so excited for you and Adam!!!! I hope you win :)

Love,
Marci

megan ann. said...

Love your story Sarah! Too bad I didn't hear it from you though haha. Hope you win! :)