Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there! My family and I had a great Father's Day. Not only were we all celebrating our fathers, but my Grandpa also had his 80th birthday today! Now both my Grandpa and Grandma are 80! I decided that I needed to get some professional looking pictures of them, not that I think they'll die soon, but you just never know, and pictures are a wonderful way of preserving memories of the people you love. My mom and I put together a big DVD slideshow highlighting his 80 years with pictures and video clips set to their favorite music. We used the most recent pictures that I took and set it to the music "Through the Years," which turned out beautifully. I want to post that video clip sometime soon. Maybe later this week. Pictures are powerful, but set to music, it can bring additional emotion and spirit. I hope they loved the video which highlighted their long life together of 57 years! I look up to both of them in many ways. I am so grateful that they allowed me to take their pictures. I know that their posterity will treasure them.


My handsome Grandpa!

Yes, the picture below is more artsy. I kinda like it though


He is an amazing gardner! His garden takes up most of his backyard.




My beautiful Grandma!

I have to share what she said as part of this video, "We kinda have true love now. After all these years, we're still in love."


Happy Father's Day!

No comments: