Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Baby Dylan

Yesterday evening I spent a wonderful time at the hospital with this little guy and his parents. He wasn't quite 2 days old yet when we took these pictures. His parents wanted some tender pictures with him before they placed him for adoption. Their love for him really radiates. This is such an unselfish thing for them to do. I bet it's going to be hard to not be with him, but I'm so glad I was able to capture the feeling and love that they have for their sweet son!





Brand new baby feet!




It was amazing how alert and attentive he was this young!


Thank you so much for allowing me to capture these tender moments! I hope these pictures will bring you comfort.

4 comments:

Henderson Family said...

What an unselfish thing to do. I commend the birth parents of this little baby for being willing to give their baby a family that they are not able to personally provide for him right now in their lives. They must love their baby a lot to be able to give their baby a family who I'm sure is sooo excited to receive him and raise him with hearts full of love. May all involved in the adoption process be blessed.

Mills said...

I'm curious about their story... They look like they love him so much, it must be hard for them. I was wondering: are they planning to give some of these pictures to Dylan, or are they just for the parents?

Jenny and Brett said...

These pictures are beautiful! My husband and I are Dylan's adoptive parents and love both Jen and Skyler so much for what they have given our family. We have so much respect for couples like this who aren't in the position to parent a child, so they give them the next best thing- a new family. We would love to have some of these pictures if that's OK. Maybe you could give Vicky an additional CD for us or the permission to make a copy of the CD you give to her for us. Oh, and on a side note, Jen and Skyler "placed" their baby, they didn't "give him up." He is still going to be a part of their lives and will always know about the great sacrifice and love they went through for him :) If you are curious about our family, you can check out our blog: http://theborgsblog.blogspot.com

One Crazy Family said...

Thank you for the wonderful and touching pictures. I am Skyler's aunt and I know what a tough decision this was for them to make. I am very proud of both of them and It shows how unselfish and mature they were to think first of what would be best for this beautiful little boy.