Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Greg & Shandi's Manti Temple Wedding

It was a beautiful, perfect day in May. The wind blew very softly, just enough to give life to the beautiful blooming flowers and trees. This was the day that Greg & Shandi chose to seal their love for forever. After knowing each other for over 4 years now, it makes it even more perfect to be finally married to your best friend.






Isn't her ring so gorgeous and unique? I just loved it!






I love this next one:



So this next one was taken at the spot where Greg proposed to Shandi last year! That's right these two had been engaged for a year. How amazing is it that we were able to come back to that same spot a year later with the flowers looking very similar to the way they looked a year ago? Everything is just so perfect in the spring, as well as a newly married bride and groom.


Love this next one as well:


Now we start heading back down for the reception . . . so here's a fun story for you all: I had ordered my new Canon 5D Mark II a week or so ago, and it had been on schedule to arrive this very day. Yeah kind of cutting it close there, I know. Well I went through all of this effort to make sure that I could go pick it up from UPS, and after that I figured everything was all good. I might have had to go pick it up around 7am in the morning if I wanted to use it for this wedding. However, the night before I called the UPS lady and she said that it probably would not arrive till the next week because it wasn't shipped when it was billed. Ahh!! So frustrating!!! Well I prepared for disappointment and planned on just using my faithful Rebel.

While driving home from Manti, I so happened to check my husband's blackberry. (I loved that thing! I checked my email a little too often . . . but alas! It's not our phone anymore. Oh well.) So I checked the phone and . . . I got an email saying that my camera had finally made it! Yay!!! So between the morning wedding and the evening reception, I picked up my snazzy new camera and luckily had a few hours to figure out the differences. Let me tell you . . . I don't think I could easily go back to my other camera. This camera rocks!!!! Especially in low light situations (which was my whole motivation to get it). So there's my interesting story.

Back to the real story for this post (but yes all of the reception pictures were with my new camera).

I just adored their wedding cake!

Their reception was located on the roof at Noah's, which was perfect for that day with a nice cool cross-breeze the entire night on a summer evening. And it also made for beautiful light.

I was so thrilled with the way they displayed all of the photographs from their engagement session and groomal session. They had big enlargements all over the reception center. But this next picture was my favorite. A very large-sized mounted and textured picture from their groomal session. Pretty sure it's a 16x20 print, and isn't that just amazing?!! I love seeing when my clients love their pictures enough to print BIG!

Ok, so aren't they just the cutest? I loved catching this moment when they were totally oblivious to what they were doing. They are paying attention to different people (Greg's flirting with his cute nieces), but subconsciously, they are aware of the fact that they want to keep holding hands . . . no matter the distance :) It was just too cute.

Greg and all the crazy guy friends! I loved this shot!



Headin' out to the decorated car.



Driving off to their honeymoon in Hawaii!!! (yep kinda jealous . . . ;)

Congratulations to you both! I had soooo much fun capturing this special time in your lives which was long anticipated!

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

Henderson Family said...

How fun. I'm glad your camera came for the reception. The pictures look great.

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Congrats Shandi and Greg! Yay!

Unknown said...

So fun! the reception pictures are awesome - I can TOTALLY tell the difference with the 5D. What a great miracle story! :)

Anonymous said...

DAH! 5D MARK II!! Okay, sorry for the screaming... I'm so excited for you!

Great images, as usual... you're fantastic! I liked that hand holding one too!

Stan said...

I can totally tell a difference with the new camera. I love the cake pic. and the one of just the room. The angle was awesome. They look really in love.