Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Melissa & Tyler's Wedding!

Ok, guess what??? This week I'll be doing one blog post a day!!! There are a few posts which I just need to show you all and so this way, I can quickly catch up! This post today is the oldest which I haven't shared with you all, yet it was seriously one of my favorite weddings of 2009. This couple rocked and the wedding was so much fun! You may remember them from their engagement and bridal session: Tyler and Melissa! Well they got married back in June! I think this was one of my very busiest weddings too and I think this one took the record for the most pictures, so thinking of blogging it was like trying to pick my favorite puppy from the pet store. Too many cute ones! But I decided that I would finally like to share with you all my favorites! John was my faithful second shooter here, and he seriously rocked this wedding too! He caught this first one:

and I caught this one right before they came out:









All these girls were hilarious! Lots of energy, and their laughs were definitely contagious ;)


Melissa's brothers also had tons of energy. We caught so many goofy ones of them throughout the entire day. . . .more picts of them later in this post . . .


Ok, so I promise I didn't tell Tyler to this next thing . . . We simply took a nice smiling picture of his mom and him, and then I said, "Do you want to do anything fun? Do you want to kiss your mom on her cheek?" Then this is how it played out. I just kept clickin' ;)

Haha! Any ways, thought you'd all enjoy that! Tyler's mom was such a good sport!

Well on to the pictures of just the two of them:






















John caught another very similar picture to this that I absolutely love, but this is my version of it:


Ok, let me say something about Reception halls. I've been to quite a few now. And each has a different feel to it. Some have a fun feeling to them, some beautiful, some classy, some totally unique to themselves. But this past summer I had the opportunity to photograph at two Garden Nursery's, and as far as pictures go, I love these places the best! They get fantastic lighting (because the ceilings are clear, so lots of light pours in), and because it was summertime and the light doesn't go down till later, I was able to not use my flash till the very last 15 minutes! Wahoo! Every natural light photographers dream! So I seriously had a blast! The Reception halls' lighting should be a factor that you consider when deciding where to go. Garden Nursery's aren't the only ones with great lighting, but you should look for places that have large windows with lots of light pouring in if you want even better reception pictures. And also consider the timing that you schedule your reception at (For winter receptions, this is way harder because the light goes down so much earlier!) But if possible, schedule it during a time where the light is still up, if this is the kind of look you want for your reception.

























We got some very tender Daddy-Daughter dance pictures.








Ok, let me say something about Reception Dances. . . they can seriously be a blast!! This one definitely was (in case you couldn't already tell from the fun pictures). Do you know what the key was though? The Bride and Groom starting the dance, as well as sticking in there with it. I think most people like to dance and have a good time, but sometimes it's not comfortable being the first one out on the dance floor. However, if the bride and groom welcome everyone, as well as have their bridesmaids and groomsmen get out there to start up with the energy, then other guests will follow and start dancing too. I cannot do this dance justice with the pictures on the blog because there were way too many . . . we'll just say I barely made it through the reception with the amount of cards GB's that I have (and that had never happened before!) But seriously this dance went on for a good solid hour! It wasn't like a couple songs and then everyone sat down, this one went on and on! And the more time that went by, the crazier it became! It was such a blast! I could maybe be caught seeing dancing myself as I snapped away and sang with the music! It was a total blast!




This three boys were the craziest of everyone though ;)









The line dances were so much fun!

Oh yep! You'd better believe it Father of the Bride . . . I caught you being goofy as well while pulling your dance moves!

It was the most fun, crazy, beautiful, awesome night! I went home exhausted and wiped, but with a smile on my face and lots of fun memories!



Well that post has been a long time in coming, but was so much fun! Wish I could have shared more pictures . . . but there were just too many fun ones! Thanks Tyler and Melissa for making it so memorable for me as well as all your guests, I'm sure.

Another fun post to come tomorrow! Till then, have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey there! I found your site on fb and just wanted to say you do a great job! I love the different angles you use, and your lighting is always perfect. Nice work!

Macy said...

Great job, Angela. I love seeing former student weddings. :) Especially since you posted so many wedding guests. Isn't the J. family awesome? Those photos of the boys were perfect...

Henderson Family said...

love it!!!! I wish our dance was a little more lively. oh well. it's over and done with.