Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Amber & Kelly’s Groomals

wmAmberKelly136anti

Last week, I had the wonderful opportunity to photograph this beautiful couple. After a couple months of back and forth emailing with Amber, I finally got to meet with them face to face on the day of their groomals. We originally were only doing this session, and so we started at the temple where they’ll be married. Well my first words to them as they pulled up were, “Hi! Ok, jump out and run over here real quick. The storm is coming in!” Yeah. . . um the storm beat us. After being blown literally around completely crazy for only a minute or two, we called it quits and ran back to the cars for cover. I’ve fought wind before. I’ve fought snow and even light rain, and definitely fought cold before. But the combination of all of those elements was a different story. Just those not even five minutes froze us to the core, and I promise I’m not a wimp, especially when I have my camera and my excitement for taking pictures in hand! But this wasn’t good.

However because of a tux rental, many hours of Amber getting ready, and busy schedules all the way up until her wedding in only 2 weeks, we decided to see what we could get. We traveled south to a plan B location which had a little covered space if the weather got even worse. Surprisingly, the location had trees which blocked the harsh winds, and the snow didn’t seem to be coming this direction in any hurry.

Phew. . . . it wasn’t totally ideal, but these two were awesome and allowed me to boss them around a little since everyone was a little too cold to think :) And a huge thanks to Amber’s mom who was a super-star of a helper during the session. I had an immediate liking to her and she seriously was the best when it came to helping out even though it was freezing cold, and a lot of running around. Thanks Terri!

And oh my goodness!!! I was so happy with what we did get. There’s something mysterious and cool about winter’s dead trees, there’s a texture and beauty all on it’s own which I actually really love.

After the awesome fun time that we had (despite the frigid freezing weather), I was beyond thrilled when Amber said she’d actually like me to photograph their entire wedding, which happens to be tomorrow! I just get so attached to the couples that I work with, that nothing makes me more happy than to see and capture this beautiful event till the end of the wedding, but also till the true beginning of their marriage and love.  Amber and Kelly are genuine sweet people, and we all clicked right away which I also really love! I am so happy for them to be sealing their love tomorrow, and the chance I have to capture that.

Well enough chit-chat! Let’s get to the pictures of this beautiful couple!

wmAmberKelly167

wmAmberKelly072

That’a woman! You tell your man what cha want! :)  (John caught this cute moment)wmAmberKelly059 wmAmberKelly062bwJust have to share with you my “few” favorites from this lovely bride by herself. She is seriously stunning.  And I was ‘slightly’ hair jealous ;) Hey it happens! Haha!

wmAmberKelly109

wmAmberKelly116

wmAmberKelly106 The details on her dress were amazing and oh so flattering.

wmAmberKelly117vint A little Off-Camera action here. Yes in the middle of the day :)

wmAmberKelly023 I love the brides who take my advice to wear a little more make-up for pictures than they usually do . . . it really helps highlight the bride’s beautiful features.

wmAmberKelly112vint wmAmberKelly121

wmAmberKelly157

The next set of pictures are a part of the fairytale stories I have floating all over in my head, just waiting to find words to describe what I can capture in pictures instead. Seriously. These are my favorite kinds of pictures to capture . . . the princess with her prince.

These pictures seriously make my heart pitter-patter. I LOVE the love and mystery it shows, but especially the story.

wmAmberKelly183pp

wmAmberKelly091

wmAmberKelly198ppwmAmberKelly236

L.O.V.E. this one too:

wmAmberKelly211anti And we will be returning to this fabulous location tomorrow for the “real deal” :)  Please pray that the weather will treat us kindly, and that the weatherman was only playing an April Fools joke by saying that it’ll rain and snow. Please only be a joke . . . :)

wmAmberKelly310

At least they are a beautiful couple and will be incredibly happy tomorrow no matter the outcome of the weather.

wmAmberKelly268bw  wmAmberKelly251 And we’ll end with my favorite temple shot that we did get at the very end of the day before the sun went down.

Thank you so much Amber and Kelly for braving the freezing cold, trying your best to not show how completely cold of a day it was, and for being so fabulous to work with! I am so incredibly excited for tomorrow, but will be bringing umbrellas, leggings, a big fat coat, and my usual excitement to capture your radiant happiness for being married to your best friend.

Thanks for letting me share everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

8 comments:

Suzanne Plant said...

Wow, you are amazing girl!!! These are all soooo good. I am in love with picture #17. It makes my list of all time fav pictures - really. The light coming in from the right of the picture lighting her hair, amazing.

Oakstream Photography said...

Oh these are great! She's BEAUTIFUL! Love the 3rd shot!!!

Henderson Family said...

Good luck tomorrow. Those are amazingly gorgeous pictures!!!

Belinda said...

I couldn't even tell it was a nasty day. I love love love #20. It is stunning.

Brittany said...

Dang girl, this session was absolutely amazing! All the shots are so whimsical and gorgeous. All of your fairytale visions were realized. Love, love, love!

Dustin Izatt said...

Holy awesomeness Angela. That sucks about the weather but looking at these pictures you can't even tell at all. You totally rocked this session and what a gorgeous couple :)

Jessica Rae said...

okay these are BEAUTIFUL. Yup. they really are.

The Nelson Family said...

Angela, these are beautiful! You did such a good job!!