Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2010’s Contest for a Complimentary Session

I’m a girl who likes contests. . . . do I ever win them? Well no, but if I’m the one sponsoring it than I can make sure that SOMEONE wins it. And that almost feels as good as winning a contest myself. Last year I hosted a contest to kick off the beginning of the new year to give a complimentary portrait session. That was so fun to do, and part of me really wished I could have given everyone it. But of course it’s never quite possible.

This year I wanted to gear the contest more toward weddings this time . . . but don’t stop reading if you are a mom like me with kids, or you’re no where near getting married yet. There is still something in here for you if you want to join this contest.

MichaeleneRob1 109editedSo there is one Engagement session (valued at $350) for one lucky engaged couple up for grabs, and here’s how it works:

This bride needs to contact me through my email address: angelaliddle (at) gmail (dot) com or through the contact page on my wedding website.

With this information:

1. Name (first and last) of you and your fiancé

2. Date you are getting married (must be getting married in 2010)

3. Your story. How did you meet? I want to know details here from either the bride or groom. Funny moments. Sweet moments. The “ah-ha” moments, etc. (Not all of those moments necessarily, that’s just to give you an idea of what I’m looking for)

If this part of the "requirements" takes too long, just give me a basic synopsis of how you met. It can be simple, but if you have the time I would like to know a little more.

4. The person who referred you. That part is important too.

5. Why you would love a session with Angela Marie Photography. Hopefully you’ve actually looked through my stuff and love it, and don’t want the session just because it’s free, even though that’s definitely a perk :)

Ok, so what happens from here? Until the 15th of this March (possibly longer if I feel the need), I will accept entries for these. If you yourself are not engaged, contact your friends that are engaged and let them know about this. Encourage them to enter it if they’re interested. There is no commitment necessary for them to use me for the rest of their wedding photography.

On March 15th, the entries will close. And then I’ll be putting up a voting poll . . . . I may be including just names or names with your story (question 1 and 3, but not your last name)03

Then Voting begins! Yes, the people who go to my blog have a say in who gets it. This is where the person who referred you and you get to tell everyone you know either through Facebook, email, blogging, twitter, etc. to go and vote for you, or the person you want to win. I’ll make it easy and simple for them to do this.

The person with the most votes by the end of the voting period will have the complimentary session.

And this is where the person who referred you comes in place . . . .The person who referred the winning couple will also get a complimentary session with me which includes 1 hour session and up to 30 edits of a portrait session (family, child, senior, newborn, or just a portrait of you). SGEngage01 117edited (need to redeem this in 2010)

This is a win-win situation. There are in effect 2 complimentary sessions that are up for grabs. But the two need to work together.

Here is another part of it: For the winning couple, if they so choose, they will receive 20% off of any wedding package they’d like if they want to use me for the rest of their wedding photography.

And the other awesome couples who entered but didn’t win? They can get $100 discount of an engagement session with me if they so choose (need to redeem this before July 2010).

I think it’s a good all-around thing for everyone. I really want to hear some fun real love stories, have some visits here from some new people, and be able to go out and have a fun photo session with a deserving engaged couple.

And this is incentive for my fans who already love my work and would like a complimentary portrait session, to not just casually mention me in passing, but to email their friends who are engaged and let them know about a fun contest that will help them both out.

So go at it!!! Spread the word around! Who knows? There’s always someone who has to win something for the first time. For me it happened when I first met John (my husband). I’ve been pretty lucky ever since :)

Have a great day everyone!!!

28

(there must be at least 5 couples for this contest to be valid. It's only fair. But hey come on! It's a free session! Why not try?)

1 comment:

Stan said...

Sounds like a fun contest. If Shawna enters I vote for her. I will be sure to let her know.